From the Pancake Breakfast on Sunday through the Dinner & Dance on Saturday it was a busy Seniors Weekand 35th Anniversary, with lots of activity and a lot of work by many volunteers.
Here is some of is the community spirit that we all enjoyed so much:
- We want to wholeheartedly thank the Oliver Elks ( https://www.facebook.com/groups/2532197280153088/ ), who closed their Sunday Breakfast and put up a sign sending their patrons to the Senior Centre for breakfast, for their kindness and generosity! It made a difference for us and was very much appreciated.
- A big thank-you to the Oliver Ambassador Program ( https://www.facebook.com/oliveambassadorprogram/ ) for the wonderful team of volunteers who served, bussed and cleaned up after our 35th Anniversary dinner. These young people inspire great confidence in the future of Oliver and the world!
- Many thanks also to Councillor Terry Schafer and wife Robbie who so graciously came to see the Pioneer Art Show then celebrated 50+ years of marriage with several other couples at our Breakfast and officially represented the Town of Oliver at our 35th Anniversary Dinner. We enjoyed their company and thank them for taking part in this first Seniors Week celebration here. We will welcome them back any time!
- We are grateful to all the exhibitors who attended our Monday afternoon Health Fair to share their skills, resources and contact information. We had a wide range of representation from Interior health to Individual practitioneers. Our turnout was small, but the participants appreciated getting to network together and having more time to spend in conversations with visitors.
- We were thrilled to see the hall full of participants with Line Dancers from Osoyoos and Okanagan Falls Senior Centres at our Thursday morning Line Dance invitational get-together, and we are always grateful for the many Bingo participants who travel from far and wide to join us on Fridays.
- The Wednesday afternoon Jam, and all of our music and dance events and sessions, could not proceed without the Senior Volunteer Band and so many who are always willing to share their voices and talents. You are all aprreciated and we thank you for every time you take the stage!
I cannot begin to list all of the volunteers who helped throughout the week, from meal planning and preparation to arranging tables and chairs (several times over), decorating, leading activities and events, cleanup, ticket taking, bringing in new guests, bringing and serving snacks, selling raffle and dinner tickets and so much more, on top of most of our regular activities. All are so essential to the entire operation of this Centre and deserve endless thanks for all the help they provide!
We thank all who participated in any way in our celebration of Seniors Week 2023 and our 35th Anniversary.